Is your smile suffering from gum disease? Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is an oral health ailment that affects many people. It occurs when your gum tissue becomes infected through a variety of causes. If you are unsure if you are suffering from gum disease, listed below are a few of its signs and symptoms:
– Check to see if any medications you are taking list dry mouth as a side effect, which is a predecessor to gum disease.
– Look for sensitive gums that appear irregular and damaged, showing signs of swelling, bleeding, tenderness, and inflammation.
– Look for symptoms and signs that bleeding occurs commonly, including when eating meals or cleaning your teeth.
– Dodge products that continually damage your mouth and expose you to a higher risk of gum disease, including smoking and chewing tobacco.
– Examine your smile to check for any visible abnormalities including loose or wobbly teeth.
– Examine your smile to check for signs of bad breath that continually returns or fails to go away at all.
– Look for signs that your gums may be ebbing from your teeth, as gum disease often makes your teeth look longer than normal, and may even be exposing a tooth’s roots.
If you are interested in any gum disease treatment from Unison Dental at our dentist office in Provo, Utah, call us as 801-615-2917. Dr. Jay Scott and our team want to ensure your teeth remain healthy for a lifetime to come.