Bad breath, also called halitosis, is an oral health disorder that is often linked directly to bad breath in your mouth. Although there are many different types of bad breath, the disorder often refers to odors created or generated by infections and bacteria. Listed below are some examples:
– Underlying diseases such as periodontal disease, more commonly known as gum disease, could be the reason for your bad breath.
– Bad oral hygiene in your mouth, especially high levels of plaque buildup, can cause bad breath.
– Bad breath is often the result of improper oral hygiene habits.
– As you age, various dental services that are not cared for can lead to bad breath, including dentures that must be washed and soaked in a cleaning solution every day.
– Some diseases outside of your mouth can cause bad breath, including respiratory tract infections, and liver and kidney problems.
– Various medications can lead to bad breath as a symptom.
– Bad breath may have many causes, but it can usually be treated or temporarily relieved with the use of mouthwash.
If you are looking for halitosis treatments in Provo, Utah, Unison Dental would love to help. For a more thorough examination to determine which oral health care treatment will work best for you, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Jay/Ryan Scott by calling our dentist office at 801-615-2917. A clean smile is your first step to a brighter, healthier lifestyle that can improve your life for many years to come.