There are many hazard signs to look for regarding oral cancer. Oral cancer is a threat to your oral health and could be life-threatening, especially when ignored. Did you know, part of your dentist visit checkup every six months includes a free oral cancer screening? That is why keeping up with your dentist can benefit more than just your teeth.
Our dentist, Dr. Jay/Ryan Scott, cares about your oral health and overall health. That is why our team at Unison Dental in Provo, Utah, is happy to share with you warning signs to watch for between your dental visits.
Here is a list of symptoms and warning signs of oral cancer:
– Inflammation: Swelling or lumps on your lips and gums or somewhere inside your mouth is always a sign something is off.
– Restrictions: If you find it tough to chew, gulp foods or drinks, talking or even moving your jaw and tongue, there could be a tumor foiling these things from happening.
– Sensitivity: If you have inexplicable numbness, tenderness or loss of feeling in your face, mouth or neck, you need to see a doctor right away.
– Bleeding: Any unsolved bleeding in your mouth is always a serious sign that should never be ignored.
– Patches: if you notice any white, red or speckled patches in your mouth, this could be a hazard sign of oral cancer.
As you can see, there are many things to look out for. If you have questions about your oral health, or know it’s time for your six-month checkup, please call us today at 801-615-2917 to schedule an appointment. Our friendly dental team is happy to help you.